A Short History of the Wellington Boot
A book about wellies written by Adam Edwards
Hi. Welcome to Bootkidz, a small online fashion and furniture company based in London.
A Short History of the Wellington Boot by Adam Edwards
The Wellington boot has been at the epicentre of global affairs ever since its invention in 1817, when the Duke of Wellington, freshly back from beating Napoleon, found his old boots most uncomfortable when worn with new-fangled trousers.
The Duke of Wellington then instructed his shoemaker to make a simple modification - and the rest is history. The history of the Wellington Boot, told here for the first time, is also the history of the world. It is an epic tale, encompassing the rise and fall of empires, corporate piracy, transatlantic rivalry, and such iconic figures as Christopher Columbus, Princess Diana and Kate Moss....
- A Short History of the Wellington Boot [Hardcover] by Adam Edwards - on Amazon.co.uk
- A Short History of the Wellington Boot [Hardcover] by Adam Edwards - on Amazon.com (USA)
- About Adam Edwards the Author - on Good Reads.com
- History of the Wellington Boot (Book) - on Abe Books.co.uk
- ebay search for book - search ebay for A short History of the Wellington Boot