Ideas for Displaying Mannequins
A few ideas for selling, hiring, and displaying mannequins
Hi and welcome to Bootkidz. This page has a list of ideas that we have thought up for displaying mannequins.
See this link do some inspiration - Most Interesting Photos tagged with mannequin on flickr.
- Keep things modern and funky
- Mix it up
- Good examples: Harvey Nichols/Selfridges/Liberty window displays
- Your main window is your feature presentation
- Use mannequins in your store
- Mannequins help customers see what clothes look like when worn - it is difficult to see this when clothes are on a hanger
- Mannequins attract peoples attention
- Use emotion in window displays - good example is laughing mannequin by Big Smile Mannequins from Canada
- Use sculptural pieces - parts of cars, trees, antiques, retro, futuristic...
- Very important: Use lighting
- Use fans to blow clothing or hair
- Use lines, reflection, shadows, and contrast
- Use mannequins made from different materials: plastic, wireframe, transparent, moving (motorised), glass
- Use faceless/headless/armless/legless mannequins
- Mannequins parts: heads, arms, hands, legs to display scarves, hats, rings, socks
- Use child mannequins for displaying children's clothing
- Boost sales by selling accessories - promoted by mannequin parts
- Use layers of clothing for winter - e.g. shirt, sweater, and jacket - display as many items of clothing as possible on in-store mannequins