Kerbal Space Program© by Squad
Space Games for Kids
Hi and welcome to Bootkidz, a small design company based in London.
"Kerbal Space Program" (KSP) is space simulation software made by Squad. KSP lets you build and launch rockets into Space.
Kerbal Space Program has a community driven wiki for sharing and learning about space science - see here.
How do I play Kerbal Space Program?
Download Kerbal Space Program onto your Mac, Windows, or Linux (including Ubuntu) computer.
How do I download Kerbal Space Program?
A free demo is also available.
Where can I buy Kerbal Space Program?
See this webpage on the Kerbal website for purchasing options.
Game Ideas for Teachers
Kerbal Space Program is an amazing educational game. Here are some ideas:
- Re-live and learn about the challenges of the early space pioneers
- Build rockets!
- Use parachutes to land
- Learn to orbit Kerbol (the home planet)
- Visit the "Mun" (similar but smaller to the Moon)
- Build orbiters, landers, and return vehicles
- Run science experiments in space and on distant planets
- Use science to earn more technology
- Learn about orbital mechanics
- Learn about aero-dynamics (thrust, centre of mass, center of lift)
- Build space planes
- Build an orbiting space station
- Kerbal Space Program - official website