Bentwood Coat Stand
Popular Victorian Thonet Style Coat Stand with Hat and Umbrella holder
Hi and welcome to Bootkidz. This page has links to Bentwood coat stands available in the UK. See this list of bentwood coat stands available on Amazon.co.uk.
Furniture 123.co.uk, is one of the leading UK online furniture retail websites - they have this Parker Hat and Coat Stand in Walnut made in rubberwood with a walnut lacquer finish. Rubberwood is resistant to wear and is also a popular choice of wood for high usage furniture - such as in restaurants and busy offices. Also see this lighter wood Parker Hat Stand.
Here is an original Thonet bentwood coat stand constructed around 1890 - a highly desirable collectible antique now. Coat stands get considerable use as furniture items so it is rare to see antique items in such good condition. Michael Thonet patented the process of bending wood for making furniture. He is famous for designing the classic coffee shop chair - "Chair No. 14". The coat stands below are replicas of the original Thonet coat stand made by his company "Gebrüder Thonet" in Germany (in English 'Thonet Brothers') - now a major furniture manufacturer and leading German business. Search ebay auctions for antique Thonet items: Thonet auctions UK, Thonet auctions USA.
UK Antique Thonet Auctions
View antique Thonet chairs and coat stands on ebay.co.uk.
USA Antique Thonet Auctions
View antique Thonet chairs and coat stands on ebay.com.
- Bentwood products (see page 2 for Bentwood coat stand) - from andythornton.com (since 1975)
- Bentwood coat stand - on ebay.co.uk
- Bentwood coat stand - on ebay.com
- Images of coat stands on Google
- Coat Stands on Furniture123.co.uk
- Bentwood Wiki
- Thonet Bentwood Chair - Good article on history and origin of this design classic
- Bentwood Furniture Company, West Kingsdown, Kent. TN15 6BQ