Saturnus Coat Rack
About the Saturnus Coat Rack
The Saturnus ball or "Satellite" coat rack is a space inspired retro look coat rack designed by Charles Eames in the 1950's. Charles Eames was one of the leading American industrial designers of the 20th century. Since then there have been many designs based on this coat hook. We've collected a list of these designs on this page.
Charles and Ray Eames
The Saturnus coat hook was designed by Charles and Ray Eames (an American industrial and furniture designer) in the late 1950's - better known for his Eames Lounge Chair and Ottoman, these designs have become timeless classics. The designs themselves - inspired by the planet Saturn and it's moons - are ingenious, to say the least. More Eames designs
The funky retro design of the Saturnus collection is one of the most successful and popular coat rack and hat holder designs for the home or office of the 20th Century.
Comparison with other popular designs
Not to be confused in name with the Saturn coat stand by Barber and Osgerby. The Saturnus coat hooks and coat stand collection might be compared in stature with the classic Victorian style bentwood coat stand - originally designed by Michael Thonet in the late 1800's. Numerous modern designs based on the classic multi-colour 'spinning satellites' design have been attempted. Below is a selection of links to online retailers of Saturnus coat hooks.
Saturnus Coat Racks
- THUMBS UP COOKIE CUTTER - Say "a-ok" to the Thumbs Up Cookie Cutter, 3 3/4". You'll say "everything is awesome." (Lego Movie) as you cut out cookies or other soft foods with this cookie cutter. Thumbs Up, Seven Up.
- TESTED/CERTIFIED FOOD SAFE - Our cutters are made from steel manufactured right here in the USA, and our products have all been certified as food safe.
- HEAVY DUTY TIN PLATED STEEL - Great as a pancake mold, or for cutting cookie dough, fondant, soft fruits, bread, sandwiches, cheese, or craft clay. Hand wash, dry Immediately, not dishwasher safe.
- FAMILY OWNED - Family owned and operated since 1989, Ann Clark Cookie Cutters has grown from a small gift company to the largest manufacturer of cookie cutters in America.
- MADE IN THE USA by Ann Clark Cookie Cutters in Rutland, Vermont. As America's largest cookie cutter manufacturer, we offer over 2000 shapes and sizes of metal cookie cutters to suit every need.
- Wine rack Saturnus w. wooden balls
- the funky design of the wine bricks is very contemporary
- 40 x 25 x 16cm, BOX32 Design
- Makes a great gift
- Simple design, elegant lines and great functionality make this design stand out